Here is my super easy recipe for yummy wheat free and Slimming World diet friendly Ready Brek oat pancakes.
If you are looking for something easy and a little bit different for breakfast, Ready Brek pancakes are great! These oat pancakes are not only wheat free (gluten free if using gluten free oats), but also diet friendly at under 70 calories each (using 75ml of skimmed milk, based on making 6 large pancakes per recipe) and can be Syn free using Healthy Extras on Slimming World.
Grab some Ready Brek or other finely milled oats (or use your blitzer to make your own out of normal or gluten free porridge oats) to make a really easy, wheat free*, Syn free pancake.
How to make Ready Brek oat pancakes (Wheat free and Slimming World friendly – or use gluten free oats for an entirely GF alternative!)
The recipe to make around six Ready Brek pancakes is:
- 45g Ready Brek or other finely milled oats (gluten free oats if required)
- 3 eggs
- Around 50-100ml of milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan with a little butter.
- Measure out the Ready Brek/oats, and crack the eggs in.
- Mix with a fork until the eggs are well combined with the Ready Brek/oats.
- Add the milk a little bit at a time and keep stirring until the mixture is the right consistency. You want it pourable, but not too thin. About the same consistency as porridge works well. It might take a little trial and error but once you know what consistency you like, it will be easy! You can always add a few more oats if it gets a little thin. You don’t need to get all the lumps out; it’s actually a lot easier than using flour.
- Pour the mixture a large spoonful at a time into the hot pan – it shouldn’t spread too far and be about 6mm thick
- Flip the pancake with a spatula when you can do so without the pancake falling apart (which should take a few minutes). Again it may be a little trial and error but it won’t be long before you get perfect pancakes every time.
- Top with bananas, honey, Nutella, or anything else that takes your fancy. Obviously if you’re on Slimming World the best option is fruit!
Simple and delicious!
You can read more about Ready Brek and why we love it here!
You can buy Ready Brek oats, or own brand alternatives, basically anywhere (that sells food, I mean. Don’t try and get it from Dorothy Perkins). Most Free From aisles sell gluten free oats.
*Note that Ready Brek pancakes are perfect if, like my gluten-intolerant son, you can tolerate oats however Ready Brek does contain gluten from oats. According to the Weetabix website, Ready Brek oats may be suitable for some Coeliacs depending on their tolerance to oats. Ready Brek hot oat cereals do not contain any wheat or barley ingredients.
You can switch out the Ready Brek for gluten free oats and blitz them to make entirely gluten free pancakes!
Why not pin for later?
If you like this oat pancakes recipe or have any suggestions for improvements, please leave a comment!