I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
Thank you to fellow mummy blogger Gimme Five for nominating me!
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
So, to the questions:
1. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably spaghetti bolognese. Can’t go wrong with a spag bol. I love fish, particularly smoked fish, but I’d inevitably get bored having it every day.
2. What cheers you up?
Sauvignon Blanc, Maltesers, my children both being asleep at the same time. A funny story or a terrible pun.
3. What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
It feels like eight months, since before my son was born, but I have actually slept occasionally albeit in two hour chunks. I’ve had quite a few pretty much sleepless nights in a row and it just kills me.
4. Tell us a little about your blog?
I haven’t really categorised it to be honest. It loosely fits under the description of a mum blog. I have been told it’s funny in places. It’s definitely not a fashion or lifestyle blog because I know nothing about either. I guess it something to read with a cup of tea, or while you’re at the park pretending to watch your toddler on the slide. It’s definitely not high brow and it won’t be winning any literary awards.
5. What did you do for your latest birthday?
Last year was a washout even by our standards. Everyone was ill, my husband and I had plans to go out – my mum and dad offered to pay and babysit in lieu of a present – but we still haven’t made it five months on. We went for an average but fairly expensive lunch with two sick kids who didn’t want to be there, including a baby with colic. It was as delightful as you might imagine.
6. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
Younger than I am now. Early 20s perhaps. I remember having more energy but that could be the amount of red bull I drank.
7. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Why am I awake when no children are awake? I wish my husband was quieter. Boy I need a wee.
8. What is your perfect pizza?
Four cheese, pepperoni, spinach and no calories.
9. What was the last lie you told?
I told my daughter there were no crisps left. There were.
10. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
My darling baby son using my fitbit as a teething ring.
11. Why did you start your blog?
Because I wanted to remind myself what it was like having two small ones to ensure I don’t momentarily forget and decide to have more children in the near future. I was gently encouraged by some friends who enjoyed my writing style.
11 facts about me…
1. I have a six foot tropical fish tank in my living room
2. I haven’t had my hair cut in ten months
3. I hate shopping
4. I have a lurcher named after a character from Star Trek
5. I have a degree in psychology and a few psychology papers published
6. I love going to the zoo, My favourite animal is the orangutan.
7. I’m quite lazy. I wish I wasn’t but it’s a lot of effort…
8. I haven’t managed to read an actual book since my son was born
9. My two front teeth aren’t real
10. I share a birthday with my husband
11. I live in a place with a castle and a river but it’s not as nice as it sounds