Milestone Cards, if you haven't seen them, are given to baby to hold when they learn to sit, stand and get a tooth, before taking a proud photo for the album.
They actually make a lovely gift for an expectant parent, however it would have to be one more organised and observant than myself.
Following on from this post I thought I would share with you the alternative milestone cards I wish I had made.
Usually achieved within days of birth. The baby achieved this milestone during a visit to the zoo at a week or so old. He happened to be feeding at the time, covering me too. Result!
|At least the baby might|
achieve these milestones
2) Today I was sick in my mum or dad's mouth
NEVER play aeroplanes with a baby that has just been fed. You think I'd learn, right?
3) Today I rolled off the bed
4) Today I pooed in the bath
If you're lucky, you won't be in there when it happens.
5) Today I ate something really disgusting
Fishing half eaten insects out of a baby's mouth is one of the joys of summer.
6) Today I took my nappy off while everyone was asleep
If you're extremely lucky the bed will only be decorated with wee.
7) Today I ate junk food for the first time
8) Today I had my first proper public meltdown
The toddler achieved this milestone much, much quicker than anticipated - around 14 months. I can imagine this photograph would be a keeper.
9) Today I drew on the walls
Still waiting for this one. I do realise that my complacency will get me and it's bound to happen eventually.
10) Today I said my first swear word
Let's face it, it'll happen.